The basic structure of the Constitution i.e. its most fundamental features can be described as: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles, Secularism, Federalism, Republicanism, Independence of Judiciary, Rule of Law, and Liberal Democracy.
What are the main characteristics of Indian Constitution?
Features of Indian Constitution
- Lengthiest constitution. …
- Drawn from Different Sources. …
- Federal System and Unitary Features. …
- Parliamentary Form of Government. …
- Parliamentary Sovereignty and Judicial Supremacy. …
- Independent and Integrated Judicial System. …
- Directive Principles. …
- Rigid and Flexible.
What are the five characteristics of Indian Constitution?
- Rigidity and flexibility. …
- Parliamentary system of government. …
- Federal system with a unitary bias. …
- Fundamental rights and fundamental duties. …
- Directive principles of state policy. …
- Secularism. …
- Independent judiciary.
What are the main characteristics of our Constitution?
Three main characteristics of a constitution are treated: (1) a constitution is a supreme law of the land, (2) a constitution is a framework for government; (3) a constitution is a legitimate way to grant and limit pow- ers of government officials. Constitutional law is dis- tinguished from statutory law.
What are three characteristics of Indian Constitution?
(1) It guards our national interests. (2) It defines the nature of a country’s political system. (3) It plays a crucial role in democratic societies towards the achievement of desired goals. (4) It ensures that minority groups are not deprived of the benefits available to the minority group.
What is a Constitution Class 9?
Answer: The constitution of a country is a set of written rules that are accepted by all people living together in a country. Constitution is the supreme law that determines the relationship among people living in a territory (called citizens) and also the relationship between the people and government.
What is the importance of Constitution?
Why is a constitution important? A constitution is important because it ensures that those who make decisions on behalf of the public fairly represent public opinion. It also sets out the ways in which those who exercise power may be held accountable to the people they serve.
What are the 5 features of Constitution?
Below are the characteristics of a good constitution:
- Responsibility and accountability:
- Separation of powers of the government:
- Representation of the people in government:
- Protects the fundamental human rights of citizens:
- Independence of the judiciary:
- It guarantees Equity, Freedom and Justice:
Why do we need a Constitution Class 9?
We need a Constitution because : (i) It generates a degree of trust and coordination that is necessary for different kind of people. (ii) It specifies how the government will be constituted. (iii) It lays down limits on the powers of the government.
Which is not the features of our Constitution?
Correct Option: C. ‘Presidential Form of Government’ is not a feature of Indian Constitution.
What are the basic functions and features of a Constitution?
The Constitution has three main functions. First it creates a national government consisting of a legislative, an executive, and a judicial branch, with a system of checks and balances among the three branches. Second, it divides power between the federal government and the states.
What is Constitution Short answer?
1a : the basic principles and laws of a nation, state, or social group that determine the powers and duties of the government and guarantee certain rights to the people in it. b : a written instrument embodying the rules of a political or social organization.
What is US pil?
Public interest litigation is the use of the law to advance human rights and equality, or raise issues of broad public concern. It helps advance the cause of minority or disadvantaged groups or individuals. Public interest cases may arise from both public and private law matters.