What are the salient features of the Constitution of India?
Salient Features of the Indian Constitution
- The Lengthiest Constitution of the World. …
- Parliamentary form of Government. …
- A unique blend of rigidity and flexibility.
- Fundamental Rights. …
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- A Federation with a strong centralising tendency.
- Adult suffrage.
- An Independent Judiciary.
What are the main features of Indian constitution Class 8?
8 Important Features of Indian Constitution
- World’s Longest Constitution. …
- Taken from various sources. …
- Federal System with Unitary Features. …
- Parliamentary Form of Government. …
- Balance between the Sovereignty of Parliament and Judicial Supremacy. …
- Independent and Integrated Judicial System. …
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
How many salient features are there in Indian Constitution?
It consists of 395 Articles divided into 22 Parts with 12 Schedules and 94 constitutional amendments. It is a constitution of both the Centre and states of Indian Union It are indeed much bigger than the US Constitution which has only 7 Articles and the French Constitution with its 89 Articles.
What are the five features of Indian constitution?
- Rigidity and flexibility. …
- Parliamentary system of government. …
- Federal system with a unitary bias. …
- Fundamental rights and fundamental duties. …
- Directive principles of state policy. …
- Secularism. …
- Independent judiciary.
What are its salient features?
A salient feature is a strong or dominant characteristic, tone, or theme something has. For example, salient features of South East Asian cuisine include its spiciness and use of rice. So, salient features of literature mean important or dominant characteristics found in written pieces.
What are the salient features?
Roman-Lantzy defines salient features as, “the defining elements that distinguish one target from another.” (Roman-Lantzy, p. 204). “They are,” she continues, “the key pieces of distinct information that facilitate recognition of an image, object, environment, or person” (Roman-Lantzy, 2018).
Who Framed Indian Constitution 8?
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (also known as the architect of the Indian Constitution) was appointed the Chairman of the Drafting committee. The constituent Assembly met for 166 days spread over a period of 2 years, 11 months and 18 days.
What are the functions of Constitution Class 8?
A Constitution helps serve as a set of rules and principles that all persons in a country can agree upon as the basis of the way in which they want the country to be governed. This includes the type of government and also an agreement on certain ideals that they all believe the country should uphold.
Why do we need a Class 8 Constitution?
Why does a democratic country need a Constitution? … In a democracy, the constitution ensures that the dominant group does not use power against less powerful groups. The constitution guarantees fundamental rights to the citizens for their social, economic, and political welfare.
Why is the Indian Constitution unique?
The Constitution of India is a unique constitution. It is the largest written liberal democratic constitution of the world. It provides for a mixture of federalism and Unitarianism, and flexibility and with rigidity.
What is the main features of constitution?
Three main characteristics of a constitution are treated: (1) a constitution is a supreme law of the land, (2) a constitution is a framework for government; (3) a constitution is a legitimate way to grant and limit pow- ers of government officials.
What are the salient features of preamble?
1. Preamble of the Constitution: The Constitution of India initiates with a Preamble.
- Justice social, economic and political.
- Liberty of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship.
- Equality of status and opportunity.
- Fraternity assuring dignity of the individual and unity and integrity of the nation.
What is the main feature of India?
The Peninsular Plateau defines the physical features of India. It is mainly composed of old igneous, crystalline, and metamorphic rocks and is also one of the oldest landmasses.
The Peninsular Plateau.
|Western Ghats||Eastern Ghats|
|Their average elevation is 900– 1600 metres||Their average elevation is 600 metres|
What are the 5 main principles of the Constitution?
5 Basic Principles of the US Constitution
- Popular sovereignty.
- Limited government.
- Separation of powers.
- Checks and balances.
What are the features of Indian?
The physical features of India can be divided into six categories, depending on their geological features:
- The Himalayan Mountains.
- The Northern Plains.
- Indian Desert.
- Peninsular Plateau.
- Coastal Plains.