Lord Dalhousie introduced many reforms in India during his period and he was the youngest governor general of India.
Who was the best governor general of India?
Top 10 Governor-Generals of India and their Roles
- Lord Amherst, 1823-1828: …
- Lord William Bentinck, 1828-1835: …
- Lord Bentinck’s Foreign Policy: …
- Charles Metcalfe, 1835-1836: …
- Lord Auckland, 1836-42: …
- Lord Ellenborough, 1842-44: …
- Ranjit Singh: …
- Lord Hardinge, 1844-48:
Who is the 1 governor of India?
Upon independence in August 1947, the title of viceroy was abolished. The representative of the British Sovereign became known once again as the governor-general. C. Rajagopalachari became the only Indian governor-general.
Who is the governor general of India 2021?
State-wise Present Governors in India 2021
|States||Governors of India|
|Jharkhand||Shri Ramesh Bais|
|Karnataka||Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot|
|Kerala||Arif Mohammad Khan|
|Madhya Pradesh||Shri Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel|
Who was the 1st Governor of Bengal?
C. Rajagopalachari was appointed as the first Governor of West Bengal. When the constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950, the office of Governor of West Bengal become a ceremonial position.
Who was the kindest Viceroy of India?
Top 15 British Viceroys of India
- Viceroy # 1. Lord Canning as First Viceroy, (1858-62):
- Viceroy # 2. Lord Elgin (1862-63):
- Viceroy # 3. Sir John Lawrence, (1864-69):
- Viceroy # 4. Lord Mayo, (1869-72):
- Viceroy # 5. Lord Northbrook, (1872-76):
- Viceroy # 6. Lord Lytton, (1876-80):
- Viceroy # 7. …
- Viceroy # 8.
What is difference between Governor and Governor General?
The post of Governor-General of India and Viceroy was preceded by Governor of Bengal. When the East India Company came to India, it controlled Bengal through the post of Governor of Bengal.
Difference between Viceroy and Governor-General.
|Aspect||Governor-General of India||Viceroy of India|
|Duration of Post||1833-1858||1858-1948|