Sen released his first solo album, Depths of the Ocean in 2011, in the following year, he also started touring with his separate band, The Susmit Sen Chronicles, and eventually left Indian Ocean in 2013 to pursue a solo career.
Who is the father of Indian Ocean?
Major James Rennell (1742-1830) became a midshipman at age 14, received training in surveying in the Royal Navy, joined the East India Company in 1763, was the first Surveyor General of Bengal (1767-1777), and carried out the first comprehensive geographical survey of much of India.
Is Indian Ocean band still active?
Since 2010, the band has moved against the lines of record labels. They released their latest album 16/330 Khajoor Road online for free.
Indian Ocean (band)
|Labels||Indian Ocean, left to right: Tuheen Chakravarty, Himanshu Joshi, Sushmit Sen, Rahul Ram, Amit Kilam|
Is the Indian Ocean dangerous?
1. Indian Ocean. … With a large portion of this vast ocean being found near and along the equator, its warm waters make for a perfect storm of monsoons, tsunamis, cyclones, and strong winds. In March of 2019, tropical cyclone Idai killed over 1,000 people, making it one of the most deadly tropical cyclones in the area.
Why is the Indian Ocean named after India?
The Indian Ocean is named after India because of its strategic location at the head of the ocean from ancient times and its long coastline which is longer than any other country in the Indian Ocean rim.
What lives in the Indian Ocean?
Indian Ocean animals
- Blue Whale – Balaenoptera musculus. …
- Dolphin – Delphinidae. …
- Great White Shark – Carcharodon carcharias. …
- Green Sea Turtle – Chelonia mydas. …
- Hawksbill Sea Turtle – Eretmochelys imbricata. …
- Humpback Whale – Megaptera novaeangliae. …
- Leatherback Sea Turtle – Dermochelys coriacea. …
- Orca/Killer Whale – Orcinus orca.
Who were the pioneers to the Indian Ocean?
Portuguese was the pioneer one who searched the sea route to India among other European counterparts.